ad space

Test 1

Ad1

Ad space2

Ad2

space

space2

Social buttons

Monday, February 26, 2018

NDU student electrocuted while working in Bayelsa

NDU student electrocuted while working in Bayelsa

The late NDU student was reportedly trying to fix an electric fault, before the electrocution which left him falling on an exposed electric wire


A student of the Niger Delta University (NDU) identified as Jonah, was pronounced dead on arrival after he was rushed to General Hospital, Igopiri, following his electrocution while working at Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe, Bayelsa state.

The late NDU student was reportedly trying to fix an electric fault, before the electrocution which left him falling on an exposed electric wire.

This is coming after a student of Rivers State University was electrocuted by a high tension cable of the PHED, somewhere around the school campus.

According to the report, the female student whose body was found lying lifeless close to the schools main gate shuttle park, died while trying to move across an erosion after a heavy rain that started in the early hours of Tuesday.

“The erosion she was trying to get across had a high tension wire in it as a result of a pole that fell yesterday (Monday 12th), the Deceased had no idea there was a wire in the water.”



It was also gathered that men of the PHED was contacted on Monday, the day the electric pole fell but all efforts to get them address the situation had seem fruitless.

According to reports, the total number of reported students death cases on campus has been summed up to three (3) since the beginning of the semester in the Rivers State University, Port Harcourt.

Also on reports of electrocution, we reported few months ago that Godwin Ejeh, a senior secondary school student of Jesus College, Otukpo Benue State, was electrocuted to death in the school hostel on October 6th while trying to charge his mobile phone.

 According to the school principal Mr Ella Samuel, who spoke to Idoma Voice, the 18-year-old died while attempting to charge his phone directly from a naked wire.
 “I received a call from one of my staff yesterday while I was on an assignment that one of my students has been shocked by electric, that I should rush down to the clinic immediately, on reaching the clinic. I only came to meet his dead body. On getting back to my school, after some findings, I discovered that incident happened while he was trying to charge his phone according to another student by the name lucky who witness the incident. I sincerely sympathize with the family of deceased and I pray his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen,”

He was laid to rest on 7th October, 2017, in his hometown Ekere Owukpa, Ogbadibo local government area of Benue state.

No comments:

Post a Comment